Saturday, June 13, 2009

WTF #1: Grouper

WTF?????

So, this Memorial Day, I went to go see Animal Collective at the Roseland Theatre. With this concert, I had two grievances.

1) The Roseland Theatre is an awful venue. I saw Rilo Kiley there about a year ago and it was bad, but I didn't think anything of it. This is strike 2. They had speakers FACING EACH OTHER. What are they thinking? The concert was feedback ridden. NO SHIT!

2) I've been to a lot of concerts, and I understand the whole opening act thing. But this opening act, Grouper, was by far the worst performance I've ever seen anywhere. I don't understand why anyone would ever listen to this music.

First off, she gets up on stage and doesn't say anything. Then she starts playing her guitar, it was god awful. All she did was hit one note and strum it and move her finger up and down with a bunch of reverb. It sounded terrible. The thing that gets me about Grouper is that I've read reviews of her, and people have actually enjoyed it. It's just a bunch of stupid sounds and her playing one note on the guitar and moaning into the microphone. It really makes me sad that people actually think that's good music. Our world of music is really getting bad. It really pisses me off. Grrrr. Grouper, you suck.

No comments: